Direct-to-Fan platform for creative artists and their fans
We’d like to share some news about some big and exciting changes on the way.
Over the past 1.5 years the VibeDeck platform has helped thousands of artists sell and promote their music while allowing them to keep every cent they made.
VibeDeck was focused on creating the best digital music e-commerce solution we could offer while keeping the costs to a minimum for the artist, something we’re still striving to do.
Today we’re announcing a whole selection of new features (including physical merch sales), new team management and that we’re switching away from paid ‘Extras’ to a very affordable and flexible monthly payment plan while keeping our commission at 0% so you keep all the revenue you make from your sales.
‘So what does this mean for my account?’
- There are going to be some cosmetic changes on your deck but any bespoke design changes won’t be altered.
- We’ll be releasing a whole bunch of new features (see below).
- On the switchover day current users will have a week or so before they need to subscribe to our new monthly plan which start from only $10pm.
- We will not be taking a cut of your sales like other services do.
- The Free account will be discontinued.
- If you don’t subscribe on the switchover date your releases will be put into edit mode, but nothing will be deleted or shut down for 1 month.
- If you’ve purchased paid ‘Extras’ any remaining months on your extra will be credited to your account and you will be put onto the appropriate subscription plan automatically for the corresponding time. http://help.vibedeck.com/kb/general/extras-purchases-subscription-plans-2
We’re very happy to announce the release of a bunch of exciting new features, here is a list of a few of them:
Physic merch sales, Bonus Items (photos, lyric sheets movies etc..), Improved player, New deck layout, improved FB store, lossless .wav downloads, reporting to Soundscan, general interface updates to make things easier to use.. and lots more.
Can I talk to someone about this?
Sure, you can submit a help request over here or email us direct at email@example.com
Thanks again for all your support and some amazing music!
We’ll be adding new features to the platform every month (or sooner!) so keep and eye out for our new newsletter.
We look forward to helping you sell, promote and spread your tunes to the world!
The VibeDeck Team.
If you’re counting on low-value transactions such as selling releases for $8 a pop, or single track downloads for $1 each, PayPal’s Micropayments pricing will help you save big.
With your current PayPal Business account, you’re spending up to 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. If each transaction is a $1.00 download, PayPal’s cut is $0.33 every time you make a sale. Ouch.
With Micropayments pricing, you pay a higher percentage rate (5%) and a lower fixed transaction fee ($0.05). Using the same example, if each transaction is a $1.00 download, PayPal’s cut is only $0.10 every time you make a sale. Much better!
The good news is that with PayPal for Digital Goods, pricing automatically adapts based on the size of your transaction to charge you the lowest rate.
If you’re selling a $26.00 exclusive release, Standard pricing will apply. If you’re selling a $1.29 digital single, Micropayments pricing will apply. The sweet spot is at approximately $12.00.
When you sign-up for a PayPal Business account, you will be prompted to opt-in for Micropayments pricing (pending the information you volunteer). If you are an existing account holder, it’s worth checking your settings or giving PayPal a call to make sure you’re enrolled. Also, keep in mind that some limitations apply such as country of account origin and premiums on international transactions.
We’ll be keeping an eye on changes to PayPal’s pricing programs to ensure that you benefit from maximum margins on payments processed by PayPal.